The next exam session for all levels of Amateur Radio Licenses will be at 2:00 PM, Tuesday, October 13th. The session will be at the Alpena Mall in their Gallery space. Please arrive at 1:45 PM. The cost is $14.00. Email me (W1UP@ThunderBayARC.org) so I will know how may to expect. See the list below as to what you need to bring.
Expired General, Advanced or Extra Licensee’s can get their privileges’ back by passing the Tech exam. See the Element Credit link below.
Study help – # of questions from each sub-element Exam_Categories
Important – new requirement for an Amateur Radio License (click on green link)
Call 358-6621 (leave a message with contact info), see or email W1UP if you want to take a licensing exam.
You will need to bring:
- Proof of expired license (see Element Credit link above)
- two forms of identification
- FRN number if you have one or Social Security number,
- See https://apps.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do to sign up for an FRN number
- copy or original of existing Amateur Radio License,
- pencils and a calculator (you cannot use the calculator on a cell phone, tablet, or any similar device)
If you want to take a Amateur Radio Licensing Exam, please contact w1up via email.
Examinations are held on both a scheduled and as needed basis.